The question is: what would you have done without football? Fortunately, the NFL has returned in time for the 2011 season and fans are ecstatic. Since we couldn’t dare fathom life without football when it was a possibility we can now openly discuss our back up plans or time fillers if the deal wasn’t done. Here is our list:
– Going to church regularly, on time, and without distraction
– Enriching ourselves by taking a class or two
– Catching up on some reading
– Following another sport like baseball, soccer, NASCAR or switch to NCAA football
– Picking up a hobby
– Actually playing a sport (flag football anyone?)
– Naps, naps, and more naps
– Spending more time with family (the non-sports watcher in the family would have loved this)
– Tackling that honey-do list (who needs to park the car in the garage when it’s such a great storage space)
– Lastly, cause mass hysteria and destruction per the words of Ray Lewis. We could take our cues from Kenny Britt and the Steelers.
We know you all had ideas about how you’d spend your free time in the fall minus football so add to our list and share below. Thanks to our chat fam for their contributions.